1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

when to salt

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by lmarine, Dec 3, 2006.

1. lmarine

lmarine Member

Hi ok guys this is my first year salting i have a complex 40 acre with 180 driveways porches walks and roads my seasonal contract is 1 and 1/2 inch its time to plow and salt as needed but now that it is cold as shh@% with no snow here i feel maybe they need me there to just salt the area? but then again maybe it dont look like it i did a drive thru of the campus and saw some ice around the mail boxes but thats it I see this could drive someone crazy i think im becoming a freaking weather man in the mean time so is there a rule of thumb here as far as when you guys go out to salt ??? my contract is for salting and plowing all inclusive yes i charged enough the money and I plowed before but salting was subbed out and this is my biggest project to date.:blush2: