1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When To Put Plow On

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by f350dieselemt, Dec 5, 2004.

1. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

DO most people leave their plow on for most of the season or do u just put it on for when it snows??? im curious to know because now i just keep it on but if this is not good for my truck can someone let me know.... Thanks alot guys.,.... and HEY PRAY FOR SNOW IN NJ.....

2. osbo68

osbo68 Member

we normally take ours off except if the forcast call for snow then on they go. that's alot of weight to be hauling around just for fun. :)

3. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

I only have it mounted when I am using it of if the truck(s) is parked and not being used. You will not find me driving around with one when there is no snow to be plowed.

4. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Is yours on now?
    Its pointless to leave it on when its not snowing, besides it being alot of stress on the truck, it leaves it open do damage during transport, etc. Put it on to plow, when your done take it off. It only takes 30 seconds. :rolleyes:

5. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I used to leave it on my jeep once I mounted it for the first time, but I didnt drive it unless it snowed anyhow.

with the plow down its not any more weight on the truck if its a older set up like my jeep had where everything stays on but the blade.

if its your everyday truck of course remove it

6. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

gotcha

I GOTCHA>... mine is on now cause there is supposed to be "snow" tonight but i will prob be sleet. so i will be out salting so i guess i will leave it on for now...

7. intlco

intlco Senior Member

It's best to just put it on when you see the snow start falling, early evening usually, then your ready to go at night.
    I wouldn't recommend driving around on dry pavement with it unless you have no choice.
    If you got more than one truck, then you can leave it on the truck you don't use daily. That's what we do.

8. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

f350dieselemt,

So that's why we did not get any snow here...
    If you put your plow on before it is supposed to snow, 80% of the time we won't get any! TAKE IT OFF AND THE SNOW WILL COME! :D

Jason

9. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

hey jpmako

where is rockland county are u from... im from hillsdale new jersey.... let me know maybe we could do stuff for eachother if u need help

10. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

I am from Chestnut Ridge, originally grew up in Hillsdale right across the street from Demarest Farm. I do alot of plowing in the area and I am getting calls all the time for new clients but am pretty booked so send me a PM with your contact info, and I will be in touch.

Thanks,
    Jason

11. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

My buddy drops his plow on a oak moving dolly in the garage and it works almost as quick as my minute mount but he can push has off to the side out of the way

12. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

lets use some common sense

13. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

hey jpmako

i would definatly take those accounts that u dont want.... call me on my cell phone today after 11:30 A.M... my cell number is 201-697-0080.... i would really appreciate it-

thanks alot- alex