1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When to pull the trigger?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by monteballz, Feb 17, 2009.

1. monteballz

monteballz Member
    from Maine

I'm going to be purchasing either an 8'6'' Xtreme V or 8'6'' X Blade for my 2500HD. I'm not going to need to use it until next season. So my question is. . . . When will I be able to score the best deal on a plow? Should I pick one up soon? Or wait till summer?

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

This time of year dealers are looking to get rid of what they have left over and some of them will deal to get rid of it.

On the other hand, if the dealer has gotten rid of everything you can talk to them about ordering a blade for you on their pre-season order which usually has better pricing than in-season.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Usually you want to order before August when the prices go up.

4. kj330

kj330 Member

Buy now when the dealers need to empty ther lots for the ne ones.Once the 08 plows are gone from the dealers the sale price to the public on that plow is going up to 5799.00 installed..for 09. I just bought one for 4500.00 installed here in CT Last week