1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When to do sidewalks?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by darood01, Nov 19, 2009.

1. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

I'm new to this plowing business so I have picked up about 15 accounts and in my contract I say I will do sidewalks if they apply after I finish all my clients driveways. I approximate between 7 and 9 in the morning. Should I just do them when I'm plowing the drive or should I just come back like in my contract.
    All of my accounts are within a 1 mile radius of where I live.

2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Do them at the same time... you will waste too much time if you come back, even though they are close.

3. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Do the sidewalks while your there plowing, it should only take a few mins depending on how big they are. I would suggest to carry a snow blower along with a shovel. Make sure you itemize this in your quote or the cliants will think they wont be charged for this service.:nod:

4. darood01

darood01 Member
    from GR, MI

There aren't any ordinances about doing the sidewalks in the middle of the night?

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I doubt the city has an ordinance about snowblowers after a storm.
    Do the walks when you are there.
    Call the city and ask.

6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

I only have a couple walks to do so if its a little storm ill take care of them while im there. If its a larger storm i wait till the end and then come back to take care of the walks. My priority is to get everything plowed before people have to get out.

7. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

if your plowing during the night, and have the time, by doing them while you are plowing them you will save money on fuel and wear and tear on the truck going back a second time, if you are plowing before it quits snowing, then i would do the walks after the snow ends