1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

when to change edge

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mike33087, Sep 18, 2007.

1. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

last year when i bought the plow new the dealer through on a cutting edge. after using it last season both the stock edge and the cutting edge are level with the what looks to be like and l bracket of sorts basically where its welded. is it time for a new edge? i measured it and its 6" 8' fisher HD

2. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

what !!!!!!

Last year, when I bought the new plow, the dealer threw on a cutting edge. After using it this past season the mold board edge and cutting edge are ????????????

The bottom line is; if you are seeing wear on the moldboard it is time to flip or change the cutting edge - unless you would rather replace the moldboard in a few years

3. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

lol yea i have know idea what the name of that part is. but i guess my concern is new edges come in either 6" or 8" can i put an 8 on that plow

4. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

I'm having a hard time reading the plow name (bright yellow looks like a smudge to me).
    Is that a fisher? - the fisher web-site will have that answer

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If I understand you is the cutting edge is getting low? If the back looks like the nuts and bolts are getting close to being worn down,time for a change or watch the trip edge spring area .