1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

when should i be concerned?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by twodan, Dec 9, 2005.

1. twodan

twodan Member

mounted my MMII last night, (2nd time), on my 05 gmc 2500hd, and drove home. i had the blade angled left and as low to the pavement that i was comfortable with. the tem gauge was stable at about 210, where it usually pegs out at, but the trans cooler ( i think) gauge, bottom left of inst cluster rose to about 150+. is this normal? at what temp to i ***** my pants? and, what should i do to lower the temp if it is abnormally too high?
    thanks,
    dan

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 1993 Chevy with a B & M Temp Gauge. If I remember right it runs between 150 & 180 all the time with the plow on! I would personally not be too concerned, however check the cooler size or maybe mounting a forced air fan on the cooler could help cool it down some!

3. danno

danno Senior Member

As long as it doesn`t continue past 180. You`re still fine. Just try re-positioning the angle while moving, should work.