1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When is "too" early to gain snow accounts in the season?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Last year, we had most come in by END of october 08. Yet i had most bids out in early september, this year im thinking we might try to gain some accounts in July or even August :/

I know no one thinks about snow in the dead of summer, but it would be nice to lock in some new accounts early.
  2. alcs

alcs Member

It's NEVER to early.
    I have been talking about snow and asking "who does your snow".

If there is an opertunity take it.

good luck.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Nicely said. I am working on somethings for this coming winter right now.
  4. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Its never too early. In fact some places have there contracts signed in July and August. I know I have one that needs the bid in by early July.......If you can get them to sign up now, more power to you
  5. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

It's been so dry here that I've been thinking and planning for it. Just bought a V-box! :redbounce
  6. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Its never too early to start, work on accounts all year long!
  7. plowing ri

plowing ri Junior Member
    from ri

i have been offering it to all my new lawn accounts and already picked up 2 resi drive ways
  8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

It's been such a rotten summer here I may send mine out then do a little fishing to see if I can pick up a few early birds.
  9. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Just got the call yesterday that I picked up my fisrt contract bid of the season. Hopefully the next few months go as well and everybody else signs back on.
  10. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

The City I plowed for was so un-happy with last years plower that they will be re-bidding it again in a few weeks.

I don't persue accounts. If they come up, I bid them. If an oppertunity arrises, I go after it.