1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

when is it too late?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Longae29, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I got a property manager pissed off at me this morning, and to be honest, I don't really care. Bids were due the beginning of August. 12/14/12 is a little late to finally make a decision. I emailed two weeks ago that this was my final attempt to follow up. We had the account last year, on a seasonal basis. This year, they wanted it bid per visit, and seasonal . It was seasonal last year and priced so that we could service it at the level it should be, not what their crap specs were. We were "awarded" the contract on a per visit basis for this season, 2'' plow, salt on call.(all of our other accounts are plow 1'', salt as needed determined by us). We've completed our site visits with drivers and sidewalk crews, staking, and had route maps and sheets printed out. A 20k sq ft. property on the outskirts of our routes, added in the middle of december with standards that are below our "norm" I don't think I'm wrong to say thanks, but no thanks.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Wait.If you bid it per plow for this season and didn't go out,you still would not of made any money this year. If it was seasonal ,your still getting paid no matter if it snows or not for the season. As for the 1 inch or 2 inch ,if your out ant one inch just do it ,it's pretty hard to dispute that minor difference.