1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When is it gonna get here?????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Craftybigdog, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

I wish the snow would come I bought the 03 Farmers almanac and it was calling for snow the 25 of Nov but it is no where to be found what is everyone opinion about snow in the northeast and by the way I live in Deleware I guess Im getting my hopes up to high thanks alot for your input and have a good thanksgiving!

2. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

You've just got to move. Our 1st storm 18" Nov 6 was the earliest I've ever plowed. Last weekend 8" I've plowed more this Nov then any in the last 15 years of my records. As most of my contracts are seasonal I hope it doesn't stay like this for the whole season

Bill
    PS I'm just east of the Northeast

3. I can't wait to play in the snow!!!!
    Now working in the snow may be another story.........

***** let it snow* let it snow * let it snow *****

Looks like that snow plowing for my daddy might be the source of my income for the winter since the auto industry is slow, and it's the wrong time of year to be looking for an office manager. :(

4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Welcom aboard plow grrl.

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

nsmilligan, you may be just east of the northeast but that "just" makes all the difference. Here in the middle of Maine, I've plowed once - 5". Worst part was that it was wet and heavy. Right now they're predicting mixed rain/snow for next Thursday. Trouble is that around here a lot of people try to get away without plowing as long as possible. Last year, my neighbor tried driving over a 14" snowfall on top of an 8" from three days before. I wound up pulling his car out of the way so I could plow his driveway.

6. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Wow, Imagine the luck! We just so happen to have ONE MORE OPENING for a subcontractor. We don't have any women on staff, so you would help to make us a more well-rounded company. No really, I'm (half) kidding. I see you are an attractive woman and I just couldn't help myself. :eek:

7. Well first of all.... thanks for the welcome!
    2nd..... hello everyone [​IMG]
    3rd.... careful what you say, my daddy maybe lurking around here... you never know :D

8. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Although I was being funny (flirty?), I think fellow members will be respectful, especially because 99.9% of us are men and don't want this to be a hostile environment where you feel uncomfortable as a woman.

9. Thats ok.... trust me, I can take as much as I can dish out! :);)

10. Sno

Sno Senior Member

Geeeze Snojob.....

LOL

You sound just like me... lol

Beat me to her.

Yes, attractive girl you are plow girl. welcome aboard!

:waving:

;)

11. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Hey Plow Girl...

Where ya from in Illinois. There are about 6 of us online from around the Quad Cities. Anywhere near there?

12. Grew up on the "north shore", now in Rockford (*bleech)

13. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Ahhhh so actually a nothern Illinois Girl then......

I plan on being in Rockford on the 13 of December for an Icehog game.
    Big Quad City Mallards Hockey fan here.

Hope you have a good winter up there.

Let It Snow...Let It Snow.....(after the 4th of course :) )

14. Icehogs..... i saw a sign with that on Riverside in Rockford/Loves Park

15. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Sno- So you can't blame me can ya. :)

We used to go up to Sout Beloit, WI to drink in my younger (underage), more reckless and feckless days. ;) I come thru Rockford a few times a year to visit my family.

Also, I sold cars in the northwest suburbs for Nugent Toyota (now Pauly Toyota) back then. I can't remember many of the dealers out in Rockford, anymore. At the time, I think Anderson was getting a Lexus dealership because Lexus was just coming out in the mid eighties. I'm guessing that is where you work, but Rockford is a big town.

I can see where that MIGHT be a bit of a culture shock going from the north shore to Rockford!

Nothing will throw a guy off topic like a plow grrl. hehehe

Oh, yeah, uuhh snow in Illinois. Yeah, that happens. We haven't been hit like we should since the 70's though. In 1979 O'hare measured about 90 inches of snow officially!

16. nope don't work in rockford.....
    I was working for Bob Roooooohhhhhhhrrrrrrrman in Palatine. I will admit Rockford is really up and growing.... BUT...... it definately isn't like where I grew up ;)

17. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Yeah, I remember those commercials as a kid. Do they still have the lion mascot?

18. you mean "wavin' rohrie!"
    Bob is hysterical! Great guy to work for, it's just one of his directors :nono: that isn't... the other 3 are wonderful to work for ;).