1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When I hit right...it goes left and vice versa

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Dubl0Vert, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

So i hooked the blade up to test everything out and its reversed:dizzy:
    When I hit the right button it goes left, when I hit the left button it goes right. Speed is fine and the raise and drop works great. What's the deal? I did a couple searches and couldn't find anything on a problem like this. Did I cross up some wires? (I know it needs a good cleaning and some paint....working on that as we speak)

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Angle hoses are reversed.
  3. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

.... but Awwww now that sucks! The quick connects will only go on one way.....so I have to remove them from the hoses and swap the sides.....

Thanks for the help! I guess I should upgrade from ball type to pin type anyway, I usually order from Northern or Smith bros. Any other suggestions on where to shop for quick connects and hoses?
  4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Just swap the 2 connections on the pump and hook up the hoses.Voila.
  5. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

I hear you, but I have been nursing a line where the rubber is starting to crack off...I'm worried that when I try to remove the fittings the hose will crack more and really start leaking. I just need to suck it up and buy new hoses. I was hoping to get a little snow money in first but looks like this can't wait.

Thanks for the help! Glad it wasn't my wiring, and its a simple fix!