1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When Do You Start Putting Flyers & Adds Out?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by mercer_me, Sep 10, 2012.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

This year since I'm out of school and I'm working, I want to plow a few driveways. I'm planing on hanging flyers up at a couple local stores. When do you guys put ads and flyers out? What do your flyers say?

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Go right to the source.Spend some time walking an area you want,Meet and greet day!

3. snoworks07

snoworks07 Member

Seasonal contracts went out at the end of July. I have had workers handing out flyers for the past two weeks. We continuously hand out flyers unitl Mid October.

I would suggest you target specific area's that you want to service and hand out flyers to homeowners, etc. Using the local paper, IMO, does not yeild good results.

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I live in a very small town (less than 800 people) and there are a few other small towns in the area so, pretty much everybody knows everybody. I want to plow in this fairly small area. I think I might make up some flyers and hand them out to people like you suggested. What do your flyers say and look like?

5. grandview

old one :D

snowplowing flyer 2012.jpg

6. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I target commercial year round. While its snowing make sure they are happy with their current contractor, after the snows done I call to try and sign them for next winter while the horrors of the old contractors are still fresh. All summer and fall is spent cold calling.

Residentials are a little different. My returning customers are getting there renewals about right now. I have 3000 postcards going out in October. I find around me at least if I send to early they either throw it away or keep it untilled were buried and I get a bunch of call ins.

7. perrysee

perrysee Senior Member

i started in early august with renewals, always handing out flyers year round and talking to local businesses,
    getting your name on trucks is always good adverticing.

8. Nationalplowing

Nationalplowing Junior Member
    from US

we do postcards in September and October. Have worked with a great promotional company , realestatepromotionals.com

9. aloe

aloe Senior Member
    from NY

working on flyers now, and renewals out by the end of the month.

10. RDWheeler

RDWheeler Junior Member

For those of you that snow removal is not your only service offered, do you guys make a seperate flyer for snow removal or do you just have snow removal on your flyer/ door hanger? We curently just have one have flyer and put them out here and there all year round, but I'm thinking it may be worth targeting just snow in sept and oct.

11. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

I get out and do some old fashion walking and bang on doors. I have photos of my drives. And some of my competition's drives. Works about 70% of the time and I show them that I'm insured. And I ask if the Guy they had last year was. Most of the time they don't know. The last few years I had one truck. This year I have 2.

12. grandview

Push snowplowing with your fliers.