1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When do you start looking for more contracts?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by michlwillms, Feb 7, 2010.

1. michlwillms

michlwillms Junior Member

The last 2 years I spent subing for a friend of mine and still plan on doing it next season. I want to really get out and start hunting new business this summer so that I'll be able to do my contracts and hardly any of his. When is a good time to go out and hunt new business?

2. WALKERS

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

EVERYDAY:drinkup:

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I used to start selling the next season as early as May. Most people around here will tell you that it's to early to think about snow, but having your card/flier/whatever sitting on their desk will remain in their memory. It's NEVER to early to prepare yourself and your business, so be sure you're planning on having enough equipment for the jobs you do have and little insurance policy against breakdown/failure and blizzards; having a backup truck when you're a single-man operation is VERY important and often overlooked.

I'm already selling myself everytime I am in a business or establishment though. That's just the nature of the business. Then again no matter how on the ball or early you are, there are always the stragglers who won't sign your contract until the after Thanksgiving....:rolleyes: