1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When do you start bidding for new lots?

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by jeepxj, May 26, 2008.

1. jeepxj

jeepxj Member
    from co

When do you guys start putting out bids for the next season?

2. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

Normally I'd start in the next 4-6 weeks, but with the price of fuel going up as quickly as it is, I'm going to be holding off a bit longer.

3. jeepxj

jeepxj Member
    from co

I will be doing a schedule based on fuel prices to take this out of the mix. If fuel is 4.00 at the time of plowing it will be xxx is fuel is 4.50 it will be xxx. I am picking up a 2 year old 8.5 mvp today for 1250 without wiring or mounts. I know I getting a steal:nod:

4. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

all of our contracts are already renewed. at least the ones that wanted to renew. some people bought plow trucks and are doing thier own snow "removal" as they call it. not snow plowing snow removal.

but all of our new bids will start in the next month or 2. usually after 4th of july. everyone likes to get thier holidays out of the way before they start to call people about plowing for this season. ive recived a couple calls about people opening new resturants that have been told by our other customers to call us for snow plowing.

im thinking some of these places arnt gonna make it till winter. but i will do and snow plowing bid right now jsut to make a few bucks. b/c we now charge for all our bids. fuel surcharge, time charge, and an estimate charge. the estimate charge is refunded if we get the job/contract. but the fuel and time charge is non refundable.

5. fordboy

fordboy Senior Member

we bid pretty much year around.