1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When do you start advertising?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cjasonbr, Oct 4, 2007.

1. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

I'm looking to start running an ad soon, so i just figured i'd see when most people started to advertise.

Seems to me like this is the time to grab commercial accts and next month the residentials will start calling. What do you guys think?
  2. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Right now we are advertising fall clean ups. In november we will start with the snow advertising.
  3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I advertise snowplowing right with my fall cleanups. Letters went out reminding existing customers in August, and now we are targeting new business.
  4. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

the year before

i will start with contracts the year before if i see a lot i just have to have, and is not taken care of well i'll offer a discount ifthey sign for the next year,

As far as advertising i sent out fliers this year to all chamber of commerce members with lots about 350of them the printing company that does my cards printed return labels and adress labels on them for no extra charge i done this 2 months ago

about 2 1/2 months ago i inserted fliers in the newspaper 3000 threee thousand of them. :eek:

and out of the approx 3350 i sent i got less than 10 ten calls, last year we had record snow we had about 4 pushes and 7 saltings one snow was 24" twentyfour inches of wet THUNDERSNOW it was the damndest thing i had ever experianced it was lighting and thundering while this was coming down at 4-6" perhour,

So i guess what i am saying is that people around here dont care about tomorrow and doing a good job is all the advertising i need. I have NEVER lost a job yet i add a couple of plows each year to keep up with the demand.

with our machines we put in over 850 machine hours in the snow and ice this year

i hope this helps
  5. ExecutiveLawns

ExecutiveLawns Member

I was working on snow contracts in late july and aug already have most of mine back and signed for this season and now im working on mowing for next year
  6. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

Started last month

I started last month with the contracts from last year, and finishing up the new ones for this year. Res, I will send out with the Oct bills, many of them I have had for over 6 years, so I am pretty well in for them, but always looking for commericals that need to be done while it is snowing, hour plowing for restraunts and service places that need to be open, then move on to the res when it get done snowing, and places that only want to be pushed once. Nice money when it is snowing!:cool: