1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

when do you stake?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DaySpring Services, Oct 31, 2005.

1. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

When do you guys stake your accounts?
  2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

As late as possible, but before frost. Depends on what you stake with. I know a guy who uses metal pipe painted orange, he can wait a bit longer.
  3. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

about 3 or 4 week in November. Unless you will see snow sooner.
  4. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Late as possible so the landscapers dont mow them over. I am always too late though, I have to drill them in, and never use metal. If your truck hits metal you will be crying. I use the plastic ones so on small accounts its no biggie if I hit them.
  5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Mid November,I hate having to cut around them the last couple weeks of the season.Plus you get all the people that can't drive and they knock them over before it even snows.
  6. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I only stake one account which is a huge church with a few new islands. Well....I did that is. I put up over 40 stakes last year and didn't even collect 20 at the end of the season. Little booger eaters stole most of them so no more staking.;)
  7. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

did it this weekend, becuase my contracts starts Nov. 1
  8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

The first or second week in November.