1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

when do you begin to prepare...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fga, Sep 23, 2005.

1. fga

fga Member

equipment wise, when do you begin to tune up, and get your equipment ready. like the plow blades/unit.. snowblowers. we usaully don't get snow until january, but we did get a small storm last november, if i remember right.

thanks.

2. wls

wls Senior Member

I started yesteray, wiring up a back rack today. :)

3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I do not really have an official day to start really any rainy day in the summer, slow time in work, or when my guys need more hrs. we just do a little here and there. Try to have everything finished by late October or early November.

4. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I've been working for half the summer in my 'spare' time.... lots left to do though (alot of it is upgrades and customization, the rest is prepping a 'virgin' truck).

If anyone is bored, I have two 8.5x11" pages of a 'to-do' list that I will be working on til the end of time. Come on over ;)

5. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

We start October 1st...

6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Were starting to get things going now,with contrcts going out next week.

7. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Same over here..

8. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

all my contracts are going out october 1. i started tuning up the truck this week and next week i will be working on the plow. :waving:

9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Right after there's 2" of snow on the leaf baggers and I'm not able to get anymore cleanups in.

10. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like my honey do list Derek, I think it may be 3 pages long though LOL.

Snow stuff:
    Need to get to Erie next weekend for the 810 Erie Special install.
    SnowEx Frame is getting striped and finished with Por15.
    Wire the new truck for the spreader and back rack.
    Purchase and Install nerf bars.
    What else ?
    Todd

11. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Wait until you get the "honey-don't" list..... ;)

12. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I am just worring about getting contract signed first. Then I got to prep everything. Not only this list below, but a few friends rigs and 4 John Deere garden tractors with plows and blowers for my family to used to plow our road and driveway. Since I never do them.

13. Makndust

Makndust Senior Member

I started talking to clients about 2 weeks ago. I'm just now scaring the hell out of them with my new contract. No one is accustomed to their snow removal service being so "professional". Actoully I'm just scared of being sued so I have a "hold harmless" in it. Back to the subject, I have been working on my equiptment and paperwork for snowremoval off and on for about 2 weeks. It's getting down to 25 to 35 at night here so winters not far off.

14. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

I already started. My contract runs from Nov.1 to May1.