1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

when do u send out 1099 ?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by blk90s13, Feb 4, 2008.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

I worked last year for a fellow forum member here and he took my SS # and had me fill out the 1099 forum etc but till today i still didnt get my 1099 back

when should i expect it ? i cant get in touch with him again or else i would call him

2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

maybe he never filed it and you are free and clear.

3. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

hmm but i filled it my self and he didnt wanna pay me till i signed it and sent it back to him before i started working

maybe i am all free and clear

4. bribrius

should have been mailed on or before jan 31st. less than six hundred i dont think he is required to file or you are required to claim. not sure what he paid you.

5. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

who did you sub for.if you dont have it you can estimate by how much you were paid

afew yrs ago i didnt get my 1099 till march

JR

6. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

Recieving a 1099 is a formality. Assuming that you know how much you made from him, just figure accordingly. You don't send a copy to the IRS. I get about a dozen of them each year and I rarely open them.

7. Sealer

Sealer Member
    from Ne, Pa.

I don't remember exactly, I'd have to ask my wife. But, I'm pretty sure it's a later deadline than a W-2. Why don't you call the guy and ask what's up?

8. Sealer

Sealer Member
    from Ne, Pa.

OOOPS! Disregard that question in my previous post! I CAN read.....honest! :nod:

9. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Who cares about a silly 1099 form. If you added the income into your recievables you're all set.

1099's only matter to businesses that are run like a cash job under the table.

10. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Same here. I had my taxes done on 1/15 and recieved 2 1099's just yesterday. Never opened them, just put them with the tax packet.

11. bribrius

.......:D:):):)

12. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

1099-MISC forms are required to be mailed by the payor by January 31 to payees who receive $600.00 or more during the year. Even if you don't receive a 1099 form, you are required to report your earnings on your taxes. Hopefully, you kept track of what you made.

13. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

or you made less than 600.00 so u are free and clear

14. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

everyone is always looking for tax and legal info on here.........but i tend to shy away from it........you never know who is "lurking" around the next corner

so to answer youre Q'..........what ever date is the last one legal, that's what i say:D