1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When did Myer start making a V plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MickiRig1, Mar 7, 2004.

1. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I just got back from the Cleveland Auto show. I turned a corner at the show and there is a V plow on an F-350 dump with Myer printed on the mold board. I guess I can stick with Myer for my next plow. After looking at the Dodges I might have to jump ship from Ford, NOT. The new F-150 rocks, it's like sitting in a Caddy.
  2. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

meyer EZ-V(ector) total piece of shyt, been on the market for 8-9 years now
  3. MickiRig1

Never seen one, never heard of one. Why's it a piece of junk? I must of missed something ,I have never heard of it. I would think people here would of made comments about it. If it's been around that long why does no one have parts or whole installs available for it? I looked at 2 catalogs tonight after I got back and none have anything for it. If it's such a piece of junk it should have parts available to fix the junk? Looks like a Boss, but says Meyer on it.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2004
  4. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Been around for a while now.

A few parts catalogs have parts for them.

They basically use a lot of similar parts to their other plows.

Pump is slightly different. Has a different pump housing/manifold.

I don't know the price, but a Regular Meyer C-8 is only $1000 cheaper than a BOSS V Plow. So I would think that your talking about $4K for this EZ-Vector.

BTW, most commercial V-Plows are in the 800-900lb range.....This Meyer V is only 558.
  5. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

theres the reason, NO BEEF
  6. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree, i think it would be great on a 1/2 ton but for bigger trucks 800+ is what a v should weigh:nod:
  7. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

i heard thats a misprint . its really in the #850 area
  8. long0

long0 Senior Member

I believe there are quite a few posts on this site about the Meyer V, and I don't recall any of them being good -

9. mdg

mdg Junior Member
    from wi

When they first came out with their v blade it had a bad habit of self destructing. There are some posts from the past discussing this, such as the guy that was so unhappy that he blocked the door to the shop he bought it at demanding a refund. In fact there are a lot of dealers that simply refuse to have anything to do with it. It's sad, but the last time I was at the local Boss dealer (who also happens to carry meyer) I started to flip through the meyer catalog while he was looking up a part number and all he could do was shake his head and say "Don't bother, you wouldn't be happy with any of their plows".
  10. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

You know, I was thinking the same thing when I posted that. Heck thats lighter than their LD straight blade series.

The plow does look mechanically OK, just needs a beefier bottom angle. Maybe a boxed in one. Other than that, its very similar in operation to a BOSS. I like that Meyer uses inverted V iron for their upright ribs rather than just flat steel.

Add a few more inches in height, box and beef the bottom of the wings, incorporate a sealed pump and motor (like BOSS)........

Oh, nevermind......Just buy a BOSS!!! :(
  11. MickiRig1

The catalog I picked up does say 558 pounds. I would think that's way off the real weight. I just thought I would ask when they started manufacturing a V blade. All the V blades I have ever seen are red. I live 40 miles from the Cleveland factory you would think there would be a few around here. Looks like it takes the big rams and standard trip springs and feet. Oh well, guess the next plow will be a Boss or Western! But still on a Ford.
  12. jhook

jhook Senior Member

I have run my Meyers V plow for 3 winters now. I beleive the weight is about 938 # it is a heavy brute. I run it on a 2500HD and had to boost up the front end to carry it.

It has some design flaws. I will be selling it and replacing it with a Blizzard 810 for next season.
  13. Landscape80

Landscape80 Senior Member

Is it possible that they made their blade out of aluminum instead of steel this time? The weight thing is kinda weird, but I've run Meyer for awhile, but I wouldn't buy anything that 'light'

14. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

I have run nothing but meyers for the last 25 years, I tried out a Boss v blade last year. I now have 6 meyers blades for sale.
    I run 5 F350's with 8.5 plastic blades and have always had to have 2 spair blades and 3 e-47's for backup. 2 seasons with the boss and havn't had to replace anything. They cost a little more but not braking down at 2:am and 30% faster plowing is worth it.