1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

when blade angeled left leaves snow ????

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ohio snowdog, Feb 20, 2009.

1. ohio snowdog

ohio snowdog Junior Member

To start I have a meyers 7 1/2' stp plow set up on a 95 chevy truck,tube mount set up. I just put a brand new a frame on it,sector is like new and blade and cutting edge is in good shape. I run the bottom holes on the truck side mount (about 11" off ground) also I don't run the shoes on it. PROBLEM : When I plow with the blade straight or angled right all is fine, but when I angle all the way to the left the blade is about a inch off the ground on the far left side and its leaveing snow behind. If I move the blade maybe 3-4 inches back from all the way left, it works fine. Any Ideas what would be causing this ? :help:

2. wsmm

wsmm Member

Blade lifts when angled left

Park truck on clear level concrete surface. Have someone else in truck angle the blade through it's full sweep while you observe the blade from the front and rear of blade on both sides. Don't get between the blade and the vehicle though. See if you can see the frame twisting or lifting.

Good luck,
    Bill

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Thats your problem, the frame needs to lower to the correct height.

4. ohio snowdog

Hi Basher, Its in the lowest hole already. Theres no lift or anything on the truck. I run small 245/75/16 tires. Not sure how I could get it any lower.

5. ohio snowdog

Did some checking,they recommend 10 1/2 " off the ground as a good height. I measured again and its real close to the 10 1/2 " they ask for.

6. meyere60

meyere60 Senior Member

im pretty positive its the pivot pins or king bolt . mine did the same til i changed them. hope this helps

7. ohio snowdog

Well , I think (hope) I have eliminated these from the problem. The pivot pines are new greaseable pins that were just cleaned,greased, and put in. The king pin is also new. I took and drilled out the brand new a arm and sector to accept a 3/4" bolt to add strengh to that area. When I put it all together it seemed like a good "like new" tight fit. When everything was worn out and sloppy not a problem,but now that everything is like new this happened. It just doesn't make sence it only does it when angled to the left. :help:

8. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

i think i know what it is but i cant say if i cant see it

9. ohio snowdog

kashman, where do you think the problem is ? what do you suggest I do or look at ?

10. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

take a tape and measure your sector on the half moon part make sure you have the same all the way around top 2 bottom. if that is cool make sure your a frame is level where it rides on the sector .how close 2 cleveland are you im not doing anything 2 marrow be more than happy 2 look at it for ya

11. meyere60

meyere60 Senior Member

the plow is either bent or the angle ram is over extending, or the blade is not evenly worn.

12. ohio snowdog

Kashman,I'll check what your saying tomarrow. Would make sense,maybe toward full turn theres a weld or something causeing it to bind or move the blade.
    Will also check out the cylinder maybe over extending. Thanks guys will check.keep ya posted. Jim

13. sefh

sefh Senior Member

You might be over extending the frame while turning left. If it sets level 3-4" from all the way to the left, then you need to add a stop at that point to prevent it from going that far.

14. meyere60

meyere60 Senior Member

ya let us know what the problem was.

15. ohio snowdog

Hi guys, didn't have a chance today to look at it, family issues ! I'll post what I find when I check on it tomarrow . Thanks to all, Jim

16. Chives10

Chives10 Junior Member

I think you have a bent a-frame. Do you have another snowplow to test with. I think you can also have a bent part on your plow. You should really find someone with a plow so you can elimate the plow or truck.

17. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I have an older A frame for sale if your interested in it. What style do you have? If your close to Toledo I'll let you hook up my plow to your frame to see if that helps.

18. ohio snowdog

Hopefully its not the A frame, it is brand spanking new, bought from angelos a week ago. OEM meyers. Noticed the problem after first time I put the plow down and started pushing snow. (haven't hit anything ).

19. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I would jack the blade up. Take off the chain and lower it back down. The angle the blade while on the ground and see if it does it also. On my Jeep I had that problem and the chain was too high and when it angled it did that. Mine did it both ways though.

20. ohio snowdog

Ok guys, I found the problem. On the bottom of the new sector, the factory mis-aligned the left side bracing bar and it was hanging down about 1/8" ,so when fully angled left it was riding up on the a frame causing it to lift that side of the blade only. Checked my old sector and welded correctly on it. So definately welded on wrong from factory ! Jim