1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When are you suppose to use the grease ?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sealer People, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

Im new to the plowing business,

should i be using this die electric grease on all my plugs everytime i use the plow?
    They gave me some in small little squeeze tubes, but I dont know when to use them. Yesterday after I plowed for a few hours I found a little water inside the plugs, just a bit & I was thinking maybe now is the time to use this stuff, but wouldnt the grease interfere with the terminals contacting ???

The guy I bought the blade from said if the terminals ever get water in them,, just to use the terminal cleaner, in the spray can.

Also does anyone have any ideas on how to adjust the sprins on the plow to help make it less flimsy & trippy???

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

grease

i put it on about every three or four times i plug in ,depends on what plow you have but you can tighten the trip spring eye bolts to give them more tension if they are not wore out .also they are going to trip easier if the snow is wet and heavy !

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I make sure the connectors have plenty of grease on them. and add as necessary
    No it does not interfere, its called Dielectric grease for a reason.

If the plows "A" frame is angled down towards the plow it will cause it to trip easier.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2008
  4. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

Just clean out all the moisture, that aerosol cleaner could work well, dry it and pack it full. Check it and clean out the accumulated corrison about once a month and re-pack it. Those little sample size tubes are good for one or maybe 2 applications. Regular size tubes at an auto supply or Can Trash are about the size of a toothpaste tube.tymusic

5. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

thanks for the info guys, im sure there will be alot more questions from me to come.
    Wheres the eye bolts for the trip springs ??

The plow is a 2 year old blizzard 7.6 ft LT

thanks again