1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

When are you gonna plow my driveway?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by flakesmeangreen, Jan 11, 2009.

1. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

We were out all night plowing, just the way it should be. No one on the roads, when people wake up their driveway's cleared and I'm sleeping, no one that feels the need to move their car even though they're still not dressed, snow is on the cars and they can't find the keys, etc, etc, etc. I do residential in case you couldn't tell. lol Got home around 8 AM after being up for over 24 hours and just started to doze off around 10 AM when the phone rang. I let it go to voice mail and checked it a few minutes later. Customer questions when I'll be there; they're snowed in! (OMG!) We got 3 1/2" and my trigger's 3" They have a flat driveway that's maybe 50'. I called back and she basically repeated what she left on the message. I told her that her driveway was plowed at 5:00 AM (thank you records). She said "oh.......it must be very white.......we'll call you if we have any problems getting out". OK, huh, wtf? I'm thinking next season maybe I should offer colored snow removal so customers know when they're plowed? And when I plowed it there were fresh tire marks going into their garage. They could get in but couldn't get out? How's that work exactly? And most importantly, I'm pretty sure they didn't even try to get out because if they did they would have realized that it was plowed. People are very interesting! :confused:

2. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Or de-icer;)

3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Lol. That's funny

4. So I'm not the only one dealing with this? That makes me feel better. Most people can't be happy unless they are complaining....

5. Buddy we are in your shoes too!!!

Residential snow removal sucks. Money is great but the people suck...

6. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

i know i'm knew to this, but all of my customers, except one, are really good

7. Consider yourself very lucky... How many clients do you have?

8. Turbodiesel

Nuke it before you leave . Charge accordingly . ;)

9. Neige

Neige Sponsor

That's par for the course in residential snow. 5% do 100% of the complaining.:drinkup:

10. tilawn

tilawn Member

Screw residential I switched to only commercial 5 years ago and will not look back. I refuse to take any residential on period. I also make twice as much $$$$$ in the long run with less headachespayup

11. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i had one call me at noon and tell me that he needs his drive plowed betwewen 2 and 230 because he is having a new fridge delivered(in the middle of a 12" storm). i told him i was right down the road and could get him next if would be about 1, no good has to be between 2 and 230. told him he better start calling around then cause i couldnt sit around for an hour just or him.

12. Turbodiesel

Yea, Should have told him you were bringing your plumbing bag too so you can hook up the ice maker .

13. Turbodiesel

Yea, Should have told him you were bringing your plumbing bag too so you can hook up the ice maker .

14. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

I would offer a wake up call once I done and maybe have her sign a paper saying you were there and the driveway was plowed lol

see with me I wont have that problem my cummins will wake the whole block up :p

15. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo Senior Member

Got me thinking ...anyone leave a doorhanger with a time on it.
    Have a carbon tear off...make for good record of every visit.

ie plowed am yesterday and 2nd time round at 830am you couldn't tell we had been to these houses where we made the snow disappear.

16. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

Get one of those really cool backup alarms. You know, the ones that will wake up the whole neighborhood. I bet after a couple of storms, the neighbors will offer to call her and let her know that you'd been there in exchange for your removing the beeper.

17. I actually have that on my White Ford F-250 LMAO!

18. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

backup alarm

funny thing about those, I'd swear when I put it in reverse people actually come out of the wood works just to get behind me.:dizzy:

19. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

LMAO....... :dizzy::D

20. Pearcelawn

Pearcelawn Senior Member

They just haven't taken the time to get to know you yet! Once ya'll meet and talk it out that won't happen again!!:)