1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

when are the ecodiesels hitting dealer lots?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by GVL LLC, Mar 4, 2014.

1. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

I really want to get one later this year!

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

January 7, 2014 - 3:58 pm ET

DETROIT -- Chrysler Group is scheduled to start building its first salable 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel pickups this month, several months later than originally expected.

The automaker plans to begin producing about 1,000 pre-spec versions -- or units not based on dealer orders -- powered by the 3.0-liter diesels sourced from Fiat-owned VM Motori on Jan. 21, said a person familiar with the plans. Those pickups are to be distributed to dealers in February.

3. GVL LLC

GVL LLC Senior Member

ok but not a single dealer in my area has one in stock?

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Only a select few were made to sit on select show room floors .
    "
    The automaker plans to begin producing about 1,000 pre-spec versions -- or units not based on dealer orders"

Dealers are expected to begin taking customer orders for the EcoDiesel-powered pickups in Feb. Chrysler has said that the EcoDiesel-powered Ram 1500 would enter full production in the first quarter.

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

This will be interesting to see play out.

6. 3bladz

3bladz Senior Member

I read somewhere that the initial run was almost entirely pre sold trucks. I don't know when the second run will be out. It'll be interesting to see how these work out.