1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whellen light bar......whats the diffrence other than price

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by ACA L&L, Nov 27, 2009.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

at the link above there are 2 responder lights with 2 diffrent prices, can anyone tell me the diffrence between the two light bars. Other than the price diffrence i can seem to find a diffrence. i need to order one and the the cheaper one appears to be the same as the other higher priced one. anyone see the diffrence?:sleeping:
  2. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

The diffrence is the internal lights themselves. Ones uses the CON3 LED lightheads the other uses linear6 LEDs. Get the linear6 version much brighter.
  3. ACA L&L

ACA L&L Senior Member

Thank you sir, i have been reviewing light bars fro seems like forever and i was getting confused to say the least.........................................Go Bears!!I miss chicago....
  4. benjaminlawns

benjaminlawns Junior Member

I looked around for a while too. I ended up getting the Whelen Responder Mini. The housing is much more solid than the sho-me or soundoff minis. It was a bit more expensive but not by much.
  5. xza888

xza888 Banned
    from Canada

On YouTube, some LEO compared the two units (CON3 VS LIN6)...

He said that the LIN6 is slightly brighter and has a better 360 coverage, but for snowplow, he recommends the CON3 because it is cheaper ($70).