1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen's new MINI Light bar..Awesome

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Maleko, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

looks good. very compact I would like to see more video of this maybe a night/dark video and some off axis shots too. looks like you can switch flash patterens as well? thats a first for a plug in that alone is worth it to me. what is the price tag?

3. nevrnf

nevrnf Senior Member

That video is a1 1/2 years old. I just looked on Sirennet's site and they show it for $400. Whats strange it was not there a month ago when i was looking for a mini bar.

4. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Thats what i thought i never had seen it before when i searched for mini light bars.
    I thought it was brand new?????

Has anyone seen it before? or am i slow to see such a product????

5. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Very nice little bar but not worth the money compared to the Responder 2 we offer for $299.99. The responder 2 offer twice the light output, off angle light output, and just overall a much nicer bar. We've special ordered a few for customers but thats it.

6. 7d9_z28

7d9_z28 Senior Member

compact, yes... too compact? i personally think so. im usually a fan of whelen, but this looks like something someone mad in there garage with a few strobes and a box... that pattern switch on the cigar plug is not new either, been around for awhile

7. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

I have The whelen responder lp now no scan lock button though wish I had it

8. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

You can change the pattern from the switch on the MiniPinnacle too, and you get much better light distribution!

9. firedawg

firedawg Member
    from S.E. CT

this light has been out for over a year, i had the chance to see it up close at a local fire service show room trade show. its very nice and will take a lot of abuse. i asked them about it and all they said is its new, i wanted to buy it at the show they said NO!!! demo only not even a price and they even called corporate no sale!

10. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Mulcahy, you can add a button to your bar to change the flash patterns yourself by adding a momentary push button under the unit or you can do what we use to on the older ones is open it up change the pattern and change the heads that flash as well.