1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by manitobaman, Mar 27, 2011.

1. manitobaman

manitobaman Junior Member
    from canada

Hi, I am asking if anyone knows how to change the patterns on a CSP660 whelen strobe kit

2. massfirefighter

massfirefighter Senior Member
    from mass.

3. manitobaman

manitobaman Junior Member
    from canada

Just need it explained, can i do it with my toggle switch that i use to turn them off and on?

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

You will need a off / momentary on switch. If I recall it needs to be grounded for a second so the pattern will change. Just hook a wire grounded to the battery or frame to 1 of the posts on the switch, then hook the yellow wire I believe it is to the other post. With the strobes on hit the switch for a second and the patter will change.

5. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

you can use some bailing wire and stick it into the ground port on the power supply then touch it to the momentary port.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Eh I would shy away from uninsulated wire with electrical. Its called bailing wire for a reason. I'd do it the right way the first time thru. Just my 2 cents. But I am picky about wiring and want everything perfect when I do installs.

7. massfirefighter

from mass.

See next message.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  8. massfirefighter

from mass.

The pattern selection on this power supply needs 12 volts applied to the yellow wire momentarily for pattern selection.
    If you want to set a pattern and forget it, strip the yellow wire and stick it into the red wire constant feed on the molex plug thats plugged into the power supply momentarily with the lights on until you find the pattern you like. Once you're happy, cut the yellow and cap it. To change at will, add a momentary switch fused at 5 amps fed with 12 volts positive and hit it momentarily until you're happy with one of the 10 patterns.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011