1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Vertex LED installed

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Humvee27, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Well, I finally installed my rear Vertex LEDs...pretty easy for the lights themselves, I still have to hook up the switches inside the truck so in the video I have my neighbor just running power to it...I thought I had the ambers....nope, I grabbed clear...oh well, they can be switched to the front when I go get the ambers for the back of the truck...My neighbors were really impressed with the brightness of these things....I'm very happy with the output...now to get more of them....:)
    <embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i249.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid249.photobucket.com/albums/gg229/humvee27_photos/Feb10013.flv">

2. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

more pics

Heres some pics of the LED and how it mounted...It didn't take longer then 20 minutes to drill and pull the wires...fairly easy

Feb 10 006.jpg

Feb 10 009.jpg

3. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

some more

A couple more pics for you....

Feb 10 011.jpg

Feb 10 008.jpg

4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

looks bright!!!!!

5. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

Man i was surprised at how cheap those are........looks good for the money!

6. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice....nice bumper too! haha;)

7. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

I thought for the $66 bucks from Siren.net that they were a great price....now that I see them in person I ordered 4 more, all amber....

lol....yeah, didn't you see my "adjustment" tool in the first pic?...(the hammer)....I couldn't put my tailgate down before....now I can...:rolleyes:...building the new bumper now....:blush2:

8. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Are those the new dodge taillights?

9. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

yep

Yep, 07 and I believe 08....I was just in the dealer for 30k oil change and tune up...looked at the 09 1500 while I was there and they are totally different...so I'd have to look again for 2500 series to see if they are the same style...

10. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

vertex leds

Well I am glad to see someone finally figured a place to mount the Vertex Leds I have 6 of them and have been waiting to see someone mount them before me they look awsome in the backup lights now I am waiting to see where you place them up front on that Ram Pickup:redbounce

11. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

12. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Wow them puppies are alot brighter then they seemed on the video on siren-net. Well once you get them all installed and wired up to a switch youll have to do a walk around video of the truck so we can see them from different angles. Are they just as bright as you walk to the side of the truck?

13. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

color the lens with a sharpie...all whelen does..

14. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Sharpie it is...

Dis, yeah, after thinking about it and running the wires I'm gonna just use the magic sharpie trick....I'm waiting on the rest of my lights to come in and I'm finishing my headache rack (putting more lights on, bedliner material instead of paint, finish wiring)...as soon as thats done I'm gonna do the walk around for you guys....it's been so nice here (40's and 50's) that I've been working on outside projects after our -40 temps last month....I'll throw the video I have of the TIR3's I put on my reciever salt spreader for now as a tease...

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i249.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid249.photobucket.com/albums/gg229/humvee27_photos/SpreaderUpdateTIRlights001.flv">

jt13, you can't see those from the side in the rear due to the style of the lense....the reverse light it's in only goes to the rear so that's not good...that's why I put TIR3's on my salt spreader at 45 degree angle to help with side lighting....I'm adding TIR3's to my headache rack aimed at the side in front of the toolbox...stay tuned, I'll have pics next week hopefully....

15. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Does anyone have a good location for mounting the Whelen Vertex LED in the headlight housing's on the Dodge Ram 2007 I hate to drill the mounting Hole and find out it isn't a good location or maybe not use the Vertex LED but use a different LED , Any Idea's

16. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member