1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Vertex Install Pictures Part 1

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Joe Snow, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

Thought I'd snap a couple pictures as I install these. Not difficult at all, just time consuming as you want to make sure you do it right. Biggest PIA is getting shavings from drilling out of the sealed composite headlight. I've discovered putting a shop vac hose on one end and blowing with a compresser in the other works pretty good.
    Anyhoo, I'm not a professional photographer or installer, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so don't expect perfection on either count.

1st picture is the mess you get when you remove both headlights from your 3rd generation Ram.

2nd picture is of the right left headlight housing. The turn signal screws into the hole on the left. I'm putting my lightheads in the turn, next to the bulb opening.

Continued next post

vertex1.jpg

vertex2.jpg

2. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

Whelen Vertex Install Pictures Part 2

Here's the other right light with the vertex installed. This is a two-layer situation here, so the first hole had to be mad bigger to accomodate the larger mounting flange.

Next photo is a before of the turn signal area and last photo shows the lighthead installed.

I'll keep plugging away here and try to remember to take taillight pictures, but that might be tomorrow.:dizzy:

vertex3.jpg

vertex4.jpg

vertex5.jpg

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  3. High Voltage

High Voltage Member
    from MI

Where is the picture? I just ordered the same lights. I think they will be here Friday.

4. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

Pictures show up OK here...

5. High Voltage

High Voltage Member
    from MI

Ya I see them now. I don't know why, but the first time they did not appear in the second post.

6. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Looking to do the exact same thing to my 04 Dodge Ram. Is it possible for you to get some video so we can see how they look?

7. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

I'll see if I can get my hands on a camera when the install is done. Fronts installed and wiring routed but not connected. Rears tomorrow.

8. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Joe is your dodge color a two tone color blue and silver on bottom? and where you get it, and did you get it new or used ?

9. c.schulz

c.schulz Senior Member

Keep me posted

10. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

It's a solid blue (Atlantic Blue Pearl).
    It's an '05 that I bought new in December of '04. I got a better deal on an '05. Was going to get an '04.5 but they made me a better deal on this '05.
    Got it from then Baxter Dodge which is now Performance Dodge in Omaha.

Bought it because of the Cummins. I love the truck!

:waving:

11. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Just was wondering I traded my 05' in june and it's the was the alantic blue and silver though ,Had 5' turbo back exhaust on it, I seen your profile said western Iowa and I traded it back in at Woodhouse in Blair and was just see if that 's where you got it ( guess not)

thanks

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  12. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

That's kinda what I figured. I bought it new and also paid for the extended warranty. Never had a single issue with the truck at all. Took that cat off this summer and that opened up the exhaust and added a bit of oomph and mpg.