1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whelen vertex in a 08 chevy colorodo?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by sgrizz, Apr 17, 2009.

1. sgrizz

sgrizz Junior Member

Hello to every one on here , I am a new subscriber to here. I have a 08 colorodo and am thinking of putting the vertex (amber) in the tail lights but the clear lens in the reverse light is small and was wondering if anyone has done this installation? Icant put clear in the red lens because of the laws in pa. My other option is to use the whelen linz 3 or the linz 4because i have them on my yamaha kodiak for plowing. thanks. sgrizz

2. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

I'd suggest you put the Len 3 or 4 on. You could also get an Amber Hide-a-Way and put it in the area of the reverse light but I'm not really sure if you'd have the room for the insert. You'd be better off going the easier of the routes plus you can remove it before you sell the truck and nobody would notice.

3. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

go with a lin3 or lin4. you could even get the linz6. they are all the same size and are all bright. i wouldnt suggest doing the vertex unless you know what your doing. b/c if you drill off by the smallest amount in a tight lense like that it may not fit and you just wrecked yout tail light.