1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Strobe Hideaway Problem

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by wolfmobile8, Nov 26, 2015.

1. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

I have a 6 head Whelen 90 watt hideaway kit that i had put in my truck last winter. My buddy did it and all neat job. My problem is when im plowing they will work for a couple hrs then it's like they are still working but they don't have the flashing juice they usally should have then they just stop working for hrs then will do the same thing all over again. I was wondering if i send the power pack to whelen for a new one and try that? Any help would be great thanks

2. It has water in the plugs. Does it work fine when it's dry out

3. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

Cut all the plugs out at the light heads then solder and heat shrink.

4. wolfmobile8

Yes they work fine dry my brothers are weird to they don't work when he hooks his plow up but when it's not hooked up they work fine.

5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

as said, wet plugs or shorted wires.

6. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Clean all the plugs where the tubes plug in and coat both sides with dielectric grease before plugging them back in. Also check your power and especially your ground to be sure it has good contact. Make sure the area you are grounding to is solid.

7. wolfmobile8

Ok i will try that. The kit actually came from you and got some other lights from you always great service.
    Thanks