1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen slimlighter and Guardian halogens

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Lynden-Jeff, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Hey,

I'm thinking about purchasing a whelen slim lighter and a guardian dual halogen rotator for plowing in the winter. Can anyone provide some feedback?

Thanks
    Jeff

2. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

3. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

slimlighter

I dont know much about the halogen but as for the slimlighters i have seen them in both the TIR and the original version and both are awsome lights strobesnmore has a pretty good deall on the amber amber version of the generation 1 LED version

4. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Thats exactly what I was going to purchase. Is it going to be bright enough?

Cheers
    Jeff

5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

They are plenty bright... the slimlighters are the light of choice at my fire dept

6. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i have one in amber ..... the only thing is is that it give a bright flash back in the windshield .. and it drove me nuts .. so i took it out and i just the use overhead .... but yes whelen slimlighters are bright ...