1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen revolving responder

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DOGMAN816, Jan 17, 2012.

1. DOGMAN816

DOGMAN816 Junior Member

I have an old WHELEN RESPONDER revolving halogen light. It has a magnetic base for the dash board or roof. It is from the early 90's. The light is like new but has a red lens / dome. Whelen does not have any parts for this light due to its age. Does anyone know of a company that may have old stock of WHELEN parts? II am looking for a amber lens / dome. I would like to use it on my JEEP.
    Thanks in advance..DOGMAN816

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  2. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Check a junk yard for old DOT trucks or maybe even you DOT might have some old ones lying around.

3. JK-Plow

JK-Plow Senior Member

Another place to check is another forum called "eLightbars.org'. They have lights and parts for sale on that forum.

4. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

eBay. I've seen quite a few older responders on there. That's definitely a nice light

5. J & B Lawncare

J & B Lawncare Member

Good light

Depending ong the price of a new lens it just may be cheaper to sell and buy new. SVP make the Hotshot which is the same size and shape.