1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen responder

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by My bowtie, Jan 11, 2009.

1. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

1st storm with the lightbar, Had plow guys stopping and asking what kind it was. Light is brite and def gets your attention. Just keep forgeting to turn the damm thing off :blush2:
    Dont make any noise like a rotator. Finished plowing this morning, and went outside 3 hrs later and the thing was on...lol ussmileyflag

2. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

How do you have it wired in? If it's hardwired going through a switch do you have the power wire going through the fusebox or straight to the battery. You can run it through both the switch and the fusebox... run it to the accessory fuse and that way when you shut your truck down it will go off also.

Another thing... Try putting in a light next to your switch or the switch itself.

Glad your getting a great responce to the light. Makes you feel good doesn't it? :D

3. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

i did that with my tractor

4. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Truck has a pre wired switch in the overhead console for warning lights...Ill get used to turning it off after a few storms...
    Everyone around here has the rotators...rarely see LED light bars. Guys liked the light, but you could see them tryin to figure out how many drives it would take to pay it off..lol

5. DODGE-BOY

DODGE-BOY Senior Member
    from OHIO

Must be nice.... I've had one ordered and paid for since Dec. 16. Did get my new SHO-ME Luminator (I think it is) and its pretty cool. Worked Saturday without one on my Bobcat and don't like that. Loaned all my strobe magnetic units to my guys.

6. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

Where did you order from? Ordered mine from fleet safety on Dec 26th. Got it Jan 6th.
    Had the best $$ that I found also.....ussmileyflag

7. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

any vid or pic.thinking about getting one also

8. Pirsch

Pirsch Senior Member

Where you at in Ohio... I've got an el' cheapo LED w/cigarette plug that you can borrow or you can try my little Whelen Cadet. Both Magnet mounts. The Cadet won't wash out in the light. LED is great for the dark or bad weather.

Let me know if you'd need to borrow one!