1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen responder

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by hayisforhorses, Nov 8, 2014.

1. hayisforhorses

hayisforhorses Junior Member
    from canada

pretty much made my mind up to get the whelen responder mini light. question is amber led with clear dome or amber dome amber lights? definitely will be linear 6 modules over con 3. truck is a black ford F350 cab chassis 350 with an aluminum body any suggestions?

2. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Personally, I always go with clear domes. I think that makes the light (when not in use) look much less obtrusive.

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We run the Responders and they are insanely bright! Ours have the orange covers, although I like the clear lenses better but its all they had. You'll love it! The clear lenses might even make the light more piercing rather than disfuse somewhat with a colored cover.

4. hayisforhorses

hayisforhorses Junior Member
    from canada

thanks for your opinions guys! really appreciate the help, it is pushing my price range I wanted to spend on a bar so I want to make sure I will be happy with it

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Another Whelen light that is awesome is their Guardian quad strobe light. I had one with a clear lens cover but replace one of the yellow strobe covers with a clear one and holy sh*t was it bright. I think it's about 1/3 the price that the Responder is.