1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Responder LINZ6???????

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by kj330, Dec 23, 2009.

1. kj330

kj330 Member

I just picked up my new light bar. This is a magnet mount, so it is designed to be put on and taken off? The wire is at least a 1/4 inch in diameter. So i cant run it thru my slider and if i put it thru the door, the seal wouldnt seal and also the 10' lead would never reach??? The dealer and i looked at this thing in aw. When you take the lense off the bar, you can see that the wires coming off the led lights are way thinner. We ended up changing the wire to a double wire and a 15 ft. By doing this i loose the option of changing the pattern. WTF. For 300.00 i think that is crazy.....

2. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

nope the magnet mount you loose the pattern change

3. kj330

kj330 Member

kitn1mcc, no you do not. the new models have the three wire lead coming out of the bar and going to the cig lighter. with two buttons. on is power on off, and the second is the pattern. We switched it to a two wire and set the pattern before we closed up the bar. now my wire is about half the size as it was..

4. fireboy6413

fireboy6413 Senior Member

My question to everyone I do installs for, why do you need the pattern wire, if you really think about it your not going to change the patterns while driving.

5. kj330

kj330 Member

i dont need the pattern wire. we set it at the dealer. it is just a plow truck. my question was why they thought they needed such heavy wires????

6. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

X2 Pick one you like and leave it.

7. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

also the multi wire is good for perm mount