1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whelen PCSD-9 wireing advice

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Bostonyj7, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

whelen PCDS-9 wireing advice

I recieved my controller box and need alittle info. I want to turn on my trucks strobes when the slide switch in in postion 2 and 3.
    My strobe control box is to be fed throught the incoming power from the switch.

I know of the green and the green/white wires, but not sure which or which one. Im told there low power outputs so need to go through a relay. Im told the wires are ground activated and thats where Im thrown off.

Whelen box PCDS-9 and stobe controller Star Pac 996

Help?

C-

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  2. crossboneracing

crossboneracing Senior Member

I seem to remember this box having dip switches inside that controlled the slide switch. Try whelens website, they might have a manual on file for it

3. HVAC Guy

HVAC Guy Member
    from Chicago

I Will See If I Can Pull Schematics For You.. But It Wont Be Till Monday or Tuesday.

4. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

Got it figured. I put a probe and turned some knobs, and pushed some buttons and Im all good now. Thanks for getting back to me.

C-