1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Or Sho-Me?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lil'PlowinMan93, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Lil'PlowinMan93

Lil'PlowinMan93 Senior Member

I want to purchase a magnetic mounted led bar for my truck. Which brand is better? The only reason im getting magnetic is because it will be my first truck and i will upgrade as soon as i get the money. But i want a good lightbar. Preferribly mini.

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

your gonna spend some money but whelen is the best by far on light output versus able 2 brand ..

3. Lil'PlowinMan93

Alright here's another question. I know a guy who has a police lightbar can i change the bulbs to make it amber and white?

4. groundbreakers

well you dont change the bulbs its more like the plastic lenses ... what brand / kind of bar is it ??

5. groundbreakers

well you dont change the bulbs its more like the plastic lenses ... what brand / kind of bar is it ??

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Whelen has a very good reputation. I have some removed from a Maine DOT truck. I'm guessing they were a few years old when I got them. Of course the state may say they have to be removed after just two years. I mean, they have so much (of our) money. This will be my third season. Wicked bright.

7. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

personally i use whelen becasue the local pd/fd/dpw all use them i like them very bright very well constructed lights. sho-me is also a great prodcut it all depends on which one you want basically it comes down to your own preference

8. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Don't get me started.....State government is pathetic!!

As for the thread question, I just bought a Whelen mini justice and it is awesome.

9. Lil'PlowinMan93

How much for the mini justice?

10. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

regularly $499 + shipping. I got two on a group buy from Tac2 Outfitters for about $459 + shipping each. Unbelievably bright and a great selection of flash patterns. Not sure if he has any left at that price or not. Send him an email if you're interested. Tac 2 Outfitters [tac2@provide.net]