1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Mini Lightbar, Suction/Magnetic Mount, Like New

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by ShadmorePlowing, Dec 29, 2009.

1. ShadmorePlowing

ShadmorePlowing Junior Member

Whelen Guardian Mini Lightbar, Suction/Magnetic Mount, Model# G2VA. I only have had it on my truck a couple of times. I decided it is too bright for my application, I plow all residential driveways (mainly in housing tracks) and it lights up the neighborhoods!. This mini lightbar is basically new, and is great! I would love to keep it, but it is too bright for me. The suction/magnet mount is nice because it doesn't scratch your roof everytime you put it on and off. I paid $140.00, open to reasonable offers. Buyer will be resonsible for shipping.

Email me at ShadmorePlowing@gmail.com

Specs:
    Light Type: Halogen
    Light Color: Amber
    Mount Type: Magnetic, suction
    Flashes Per Minute: 700
    Rotations Per Minute: 175
    SAE J845 Class I certified (amber)
    175 RPM rotators; full-size diamond mirror provides 700 flashes/minute
    Precision wide-angle reflectors provide maximum intensity
    Quiet, reliable double ball bearing motor assembly
    Standard 12V DC
    Includes 10-ft. cord

Wheelen 2.jpg

2. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

I recently bought a different brand of mini-bar, or I'd be on this deal like a chicken on a bug. From that pic, I just realized how big the reflectors are behind the bulbs in one of those. No wonder it lights up the whole neighborhood when it's on.

I've got a thread going with some questions about the vacuum mounts, if you'd care to pop in there and offer some comments. I'll leave your thread to those who are in the market for a good used mini-bar. (I might know somebody who'd be interested. I'll make sure he sees this thread.)

3. DRBLawnBuster

DRBLawnBuster Senior Member

you can by this same lightbar on sirennet.com for like 68 bucks and its new

4. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

From what I saw there, it was $68.60 for the permanent mount, and another $20 for the magnetic mount. They don't seem to have the vacuum magnetic mount listed, which is usually an additional cost for the makes/models that have that option. The unit for sale above is a G2VA, magnetic/suction mount.

5. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

$68.60 is for the G1 model. this one for sale is a G2, with the fast rotators.. which is more expensive. A used G2 is worth around $100 or so. Well worth it.

6. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Looks like the same light Fisher relabels and sells??

7. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

yes whelen makes them and adds a Fisher tag to it

8. ShadmorePlowing

So is anyone interested in my lightbar? I would like to move it out! Open to reasonable offers, I paid $140 for it.

9. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i'll throw you 100 shipped. TONIGHT.

10. ShadmorePlowing

I will do $120 shipped, I can't do nothing less.

11. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

12. ShadmorePlowing

No problem Dissociative, I understand. I'm good with letting go for $100, but I don't want to eat the shipping costs. That ebay light will go over a $100!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  13. jre302

jre302 Junior Member

14. ShadmorePlowing

I actually just sold it the other day. Thanks anyways.

Anyone know how I notify admin to remove this thread?