1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

whelen mini justice?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by simoncx, Dec 8, 2010.

1. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

I was wondering what the big difference is in the perement mount and magnetic mount? I'm looking at them and it's about $150 cheaper for the mag mount and I'm considering getting the mag mount and cutting the plug off and making feet which I would have to do anyway for it to mount to the cab protector. Is there something more that I'm over looking?

2. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

Not 100% sure but most mfg. of strobes include different flash patterns with a perm. mount vs. mag mounts. Go read the info again and see what it says. Maybe that's the difference.

3. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

You will find the magnetic quite a bit cheaper right now as Whelen has a promo on them in Magnetic only. The nicest part of it is you are getting 4 extra modules included to fill the center spots where normally you have to buy them.

4. simoncx

simoncx Senior Member

Thanks I was actually looking on strobesnmore, I did see something about flash patterns but thats not really something I care about, my main thing was that the leds aren't cheaper. I would set it on one flash pattern and leave it, I really don't need or care to change it.