1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Mini-Justice LED bar came in the mail yesterday !!!!

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by jerry b., Jan 3, 2009.

1. jerry b.

jerry b. Member

Guys ! It finally came !!! My Mini-Justice LED lightbar came in the mail and it took me less then 5 minutes to take it out of the box and put it on top of my truck. All I got to say is WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Five hundred dollars for a Mini-LED lightbar is a lot of jack and yes I was worried for a week that I could be possibly disappointed when I tried it out for the first time due to the big price tag. Well, I can now say that not only was I impressed, this bar far exceeded my expectations by a mile !!!!! :D When I put it on my truck it was daylight out so I figured not to expect much but when I fired it up and monkeyed with the flash patterns a little I was flattened. That bar was bright as heck during the day so I took it back off and waited for nighttime then I went out back in the cold and put that bar back on the top of my truck and fired it up again this time pitch black dark and the bar lit up my whole front yard and I got 140 feet of width on my property. My neighbors house is about 250 feet from my house and the lightbar lit up his house also !!!!! Freakin incredible ! All I got to say guys is that I have not seen a Mini-lightbar even come close to this one when I am out plowing. NOT EVEN CLOSE !!! Well worth the $500.00 and one very happy SIRENNET customer here. I hope to get years of service out of this baby and I will continue to play with the flash pattern. So far I have went through about 20 of them and out of those 20 I found at least 5 I liked and to think there is 95 of them !!!!! :dizzy:

Now guys I am addicted !! I am already looking for a four-corner hideaway kit for my 2008 F-350 to complement my Mini-justice LED bar. I have seen a truck with a 90 watt 4 corner strobe system from Whelen and it is blinding. I saw it on SIRENNET for $198.00 so I am seriously thinking about it. You put those two together and the cops I know from my local PD will be very jealous when they see me for sure. Heck that mini-justice alone blows away some of the local PD's with cheaper full-size bars, just imagine adding a 4 corner hideaway system that is equally as impressive !! Over the top ! That's all I got to say. I will add so pics and videos for you guys soon. I ordered a new 14.7 Megapixel digital camera last week so when I get it I will take some hopefully real good detailed pictures to post for you guys !

As for anyone on here thinking about getting a Whelen Mini-Justice lightbar my advice is get it. You will not be disappointed and is well worth the money !!! This bar is an 11 on a 10 scale.

[/COLOR]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009
  2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

good to see another happy customer .... the justices might a lil more than the able 2 led bars but in time it be worth the value ....

3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Nothing like lighting up you truck like a christmas tree. Would love to see the video when you get your camera. I am curious as to the corner strobes if you buy them. The 08 superduty's don't give much room in the rear taillights for putting lights in them and am also concerned about heat build up installing strobes vs LED's

4. jerry b.

jerry b. Member

I am trying to gather as much information about that as I can pertaining to the rear taillights on the 2008 Superduty's. I was told that the clear lense reverse light is out of the question as for strobes but there is enough room in the red taillight lenses. Hopefully someone on here will give a hollar out that has a 90 watt strobe hideaway kit installed in the rear taillights of a 2008 Superduty for more input. I am going to check with my local police supply shop here where I live. they install them and maybe they can give me a better idea on which way to go. I would like to get the LED hideaway kit but they are much more expensive then the strobes and December 2008 was not a very good month for plowing here in NE Ohio. If January is a good money maker then I might break down and get the LED kit but I have seen the 90 watt Whelen kit and it is very impressive to say the least.

5. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

Video man video

6. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

heres mine in direct sunlight

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vHixZos7XEQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vHixZos7XEQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

hi. iv put strobes in the newer fords. the heat will build up. and it may melt if it gets to hot. just try to give room in the backup lights. or put them in the taillights. if your looking for a supply, cables and tubes. let me know. iv got a almost new set.

thanks

8. jerry b.

jerry b. Member

Thanks for the input Chuck. :) From the information I have gathered the rear clear reverse lights are out of the question. That is where I would like to put them but I have been told that the 2008 Ford Superduty reverse lights are way to small and melting is an issue. Now the whelen Vertex LED's are a different story. So if I get the 90 watt strobes they will have to go in the read red taillight lenses. That is pretty much my only option. As for the front headlight/turn signal assembly there is plenty of room and no issues there. At least I have not found someone on here or other forums that had an issue installing the 90 Watt strobes in the front light assembly.

9. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

look into the new led systems. they are bit more expensive but a lot better. the newer ones are just as bright and will get hot at all. so no worry of melting. check sirennet they have a few vids.

10. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

i got a bunch of new tubes and wires and boxes too.....extra stock in case stuff breaks on the trucks...

11. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

I just ordered 2 xmas eve and a Full justice bar for the crew cab F350... I wasnt a big led/flashing lights guy prior.. Last year i went from a lol $30 ****** rotator that was just bothering me, noisy, not bright, cars always pull in front of you and dont care.. to a $1500 Whelen Liberty LED 55" bar on the red 06 F350. BOY was that a shock to see how bright that was.

So now i wasnt going to mount anything permanent on any of the other trucks, but i ordered a 50" Justice LED bar for the 06 F350 crew cab and two mini Justice bars for the other two F150s. I cant wait!

I talked to Whelen, they said that because all bars are "made to order" they take longer to ship, how long does it take them to ship the bars out though? I know it was the holidays and all but its been over two weeks now already :/

12. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

FYI-whelen takes there time. i worked for a company that ordered lightbars, and sometimes it took a few monthes. also the whelen company gives awsome breaks. dont be suprised if its another month...

13. Fiafighterdude

from ME

Nice set up

14. Fiafighterdude

from ME

what about the front

15. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

it looks the same on the other side........

16. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

How much brighter is it compared to the Whelen Responder LP. maybe a little more since it has more light heads but they aren't all the linear type.

17. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

The lin and con light heads use the same led. the cons use a small reflector, where the lins use a larger reflector and a defuser to spread the light.

18. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

yeah i realzied that after i was going to call them, and their phone said that theyll return to the office on january 5th.. this was december 26th/friday lol, im like jesus two weeks ill call them i guess.

They said they do have the orders and i'll have a ship date monday afternoon, finally!