1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Mini Century

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by fisher_ma, Nov 6, 2013.

1. fisher_ma

fisher_ma Junior Member
    from SE Mass

Does anyone know if I will be able to mount the whelen mini century with stud mounts directly to my back rack without any mounting plates?

2. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

You might be able to, I mounted the 11 inch Whelen Century directly to my Acari mount. I just drilled some holes in the Century base plate.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  3. fisher_ma

fisher_ma Junior Member
    from SE Mass

Did you have the permanent mount or the stud mount?

4. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

It is a permanent mount.

WhelenMount.jpg

5. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

How exactly is that supposed to help him when he is asking about using a back rack?

6. Snoviper

Snoviper Senior Member

Just showing him it is possible to drill through the bottom of the Mini Century and work around their mounting options. You can Drill though the bottom plate without interfering with the operation. I know some people are apprehensive about drilling though a brand new light and I wanted to show it worked OK for me.:D He could possible make his own mounting system by drilling holes in the light.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013