1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Mini Century Super LED Lightbar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by snopushin ford, Jan 12, 2015.

1. snopushin ford

snopushin ford Senior Member
    from mass

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

I seen one last year .... mmmm didn't really impress me on design wise .. too industrial look ... however the intensity of light is comparable to liberty .. but ended up walkin out with a liberty ... not a bad price for it ... but as for it being quality of how its built its whelen !!!

3. MSB1766

MSB1766 Member

4. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

I've got 3 of the 23" and love them very bright

5. snopushin ford

from mass

thanks for the responses guys, I guess I need to make a decision

6. FSLC

FSLC Member
    from KC, Mo.

Go with Whelen man! They are the superior manufacturing company in the lighting industry. Plus made in the USA support the us man :)

7. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

The Mini Century is one of our most popular bars. We get nothing but positive feedback from our customers on them. If you have any questions on them feel free to call us.

8. snopushin ford

from mass

Today 06:58 PM
    Strobesnmore The Mini Century is one of our most popular bars. We get nothing but positive feedback from our customers on them. If you have any questions on them feel free to call us.

I called and ordered one today! I will post my review of the light when I receive it. The woman on the phone was very professional, now the wait for it to show up!

9. razr777

razr777 Senior Member
    from JERSEY

I do several town contracts for the town roads and we got a ton of sub contractors' we bring in and i have seen a million different style mini bars. But no one had the 23" century, i was the only one and now everyone want's them cause they are bright and clear.

I would say the only bad thing about the bar is there is 17 flash patterns but they are almost all the same and all are just some kinda alternating setups which really sucks. I called whelen and talked with the head tech which is hard to do cause they don't want you to they only want you to talk to customer service.

Anyway the tech said noway to switch them i called a month later and talked to another guy who said was a tech and he could not figure it out either. So anyway this was two years ago and i figured a way to wire them so it is kinda mixed up which is different and looks a hell of alot better and now you get more like 13-15 different flash patterns.

I think for the money and what you get not to mention the service whelen gives it is the mini bar to go with hands down.

I see they went up in price....

10. I wonder what type of flasher is in them. I'm thinking you can put in a ulf44 flasher if it works

11. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Id say the responder is a brighter bar even so its just 12 inches.

12. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Yuuuupppp. What he said.