1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen mini bars on Northern tool?

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Im having a hard time comparing here :(

First started looking at fancy LED bars, but mini bars, then went to looking at entry level stuff like the Whelen Guardian which are roughly only about $100 halogen rotators.

They would probably be fine, but then i looked at Justice mini-LED bars and theyre awesome! but $500. The next lower thing is the 6 LED whelen Responder minibar for about $300ish

i went to www.northerntool.com since i have an account and we buy a good amount from them. Seems all of their "part numbers" dont match Whelens website, or a site like sirennet that sells a lot of their bars. Why? I mean, their numbers dont even really exist?

Mini amber Justice LED on NTool $499 Model # NT163785
    Whelen site shows only models all start with "MJY" ?
    Sirenet shows the amber model as Model #MJEJ1A ? MJE is not MJY

Also, Whelen says EVERYTHING is an option basically, mounts/stands, halogens or led take down lights yet in the pictures on northern tool, it appears all that comes with it? for the same price it should right?

I ordered 3 halogen Whelen bars 13 days ago from a company on here, and they wernt shipped out yet or backordered or something, dont really care at this point. I know Ntool has stuff to our doorstep asap and with 6mo 0% on our card and $100 Ntool gift cards per 1k spent, its a pretty good deal.

anyone know more about these than i do? I have a liberty LED all amber bar i got last year, says its a "towmans" series, but doesnt look the same as the ones do online, then says its an SX model which most online wernt SX models, so the model designation is very confusing at best, all i know is that AAAA means all amber and BBRR would be a police bar.
  2. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

I think that Northern is way overpriced for the warning lights. I recently bought from Fleet Safety and Sirennet.

Sirennet had my stuff in 3-5 days, and Fleet didn't have avengers in amber, so after a quick email and a discount for talons instead, I had those lights in 3 days. I guess it depends on your timeline for needing the lights, but both Sirennet and Fleet Safety are huge master distributors.

Now, if you shop Northern alot, and they are giving you gift cards back, it may be a wash, but I'm pretty sure you'll find better deals from these master distributors.
  3. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

MJY****P Permanent Mount
    MJY****M Magnetic Mount
    MJY****V Magnetic/Suction Mount
    Replace " * " symbol in model number with letter indicating lens color or LED color desired:
    A = Amber; B = Blue; C = Clear/White; R = Red; G = Green
  4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

thanks murphy, that helps some!