1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen LINZ6 scan lock help

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by RobbieB, Jan 21, 2009.

1. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

I had 4 of these lightheads put in my grill, 05 Superduty, one on each side of the grill and two along the top. I had the guy who installed them wire the sync wires for the sides together and the two top ones together. It says to apply 12v for less than a second to choose the pattern but you have 69 patterns. How do you view all the patterns, just keep tapping the white/violet to 12v for less than a second 69 times?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

yup its a pain

3. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

That is the way though?

4. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

true it is a pain

5. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

I think the guy hooked them up and powered them up one at a time because while sync wires are attached the two top ones will flash together but the two side heads flash different patterns. I think in the morning I will attach the white/violet wire to 12v and set them back to default and start on my own. This guy also installed my upfitter switches and wiring and used switch 1 to fire the front strobes and switch 2 to fire my rear hideaways. Now the lights around my headlight switch and one of my tach lights don't work! I smacked the dash a few times and the headlight switch lights came on but no tach.

6. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

I always leave the sync wires hooked all together. and keep the pattern change wires separate to change the pattern separately.

7. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

If you hook all the sync wires together then can you still change the pattern seperately? I would think that by doing that they will all follow the same pattern no matter which scanlock wire you use.

8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

no, sync has no effect on pattern....syn only alternates the lightheads you have tied together...

each pattern has a A or B phase...thats how you make them alternate....

light one----pattern 42 PHASE 1
    light two ---pattern 42 PHASE 2...

now these 2 lights above will flash the same pattern randomly until you sync them.....then they alternate...

dig?

9. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Thats how to do it. Just keep touching the wires together.