1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen light bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by skferreri, Nov 8, 2008.

1. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

I have a whelen responder lp lightbar that has the magnet mount. My question is there a way to change patterns manually with this lightbar.Im trying to lock a certain pattern on.Any help would be awesome

2. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

take off the dome and touch the scan lock wire to the positive

3. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

the only way to change the patterns on mag mount led whelen bars is to remove the dome and find the wires lead out of the power pack .. your gonna have to download the schematic from whelen's website but it will show what color wire to find and apply juice too change it ...

4. John911

John911 Member

Responder LP

All these mini lightbars are now made with dual switch cigar plugs - one switch "on/off" - one switch "pattern select".

5. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Not all of them.

6. gasnparts

gasnparts Junior Member

Yes, not all of them up here in Canada I just bought one and it cam with just an on/off switch. Must not be available quite yet....

7. John911

John911 Member

The change was instituted a couple months ago ... takes a while to work through the distributor network.

8. Doom & Gloom

Doom & Gloom Senior Member

I just got mine and it has the two switch. I can flip through all 30 flash patterns. I cut the cigarette lighter part off and hard wired it using the factory switch and mounted in the dash. Looks sweet and its still functional.