1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen light bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by skferreri, Oct 6, 2008.

1. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

I found a whelen responder linear for around $315. I was wondering if i can find one cheaper.my other question is there a big difference between the linear and the con 3,beside the price

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

try www.priority1emergency.com i believe the last time i was in his store he had em prices at $299.99 ... not really a different except linear had 6 led diodes cramed into one reflector verses only 1 diode per reflector (con3) ..

3. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

www.strobesnmore.com has them for $299. I have two, and gonna order another in a couple weeks. They are extremely bright. The con3 isnt as bright in my opinion, but thats just me. Just get the clear lense linear LED bar and your good.

4. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

how do you change patterns with this light

5. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Touch a wire to a negative power source for a second and it switches.

6. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

so there is no switch like the showme able light

7. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

you can run the flash pattern wire to like a momentary switch i belive.

8. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

there con and the lin are the same brightness and it $267 for a con 3 on sirennet

9. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

Con style modules are very one directional, while the linear modules spread the light out more for better viewing at off-angles.

10. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

so when i plug this light in there is no switch to manually go throuth each pattern