1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Liberty Mini LB2AAAM

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by F250 Boss v, Mar 2, 2008.

1. F250 Boss v

F250 Boss v Senior Member

I recently bought a new Mini Liberty with Linear LED's, -mag. mount. (One module at each corner, for a total of four heads.) It replaced a Whelem Responder 2, which I ran for about 8 years (-It still works!), on an '06 F250, but I wanted a lower current draw light, -and one that was brighter. The light gives me both! It's very bright even in brightestussmileyflag sunshine, yet it does not draw many amp's, -about 4 to 6 max. I also run two LED's on my rear window. This combo lights me up perfectly for my needs.

Just wondering if anyone else runs this light bar; and what you think about it. Thanks.

2. Muirs Landscape

Muirs Landscape Member

yes i have the mini liberty works very well. At night it lights up everything and you can see it bouncing off street signs a mile away. Amazing light. Changed the flash pattern too so it is faster!

3. F250 Boss v

Do you have the mag mount? How did you change the flash pattern? Mine came with a cig. lighter type cable, I didn't think I could change the flash pattern... Thanks!

4. Sno What

Sno What Member
    from CT

I think only the permanent mount has the scan lock wire. If you open up the light, it may be in there somewhere. Usually they are white with a purple strip on the wire.

5. F250 Boss v

Thanks! I'll try looking, although I kind of like the way it flashes now, one front & one rear double flashes, then it alternates to the other two!

6. Muirs Landscape

Muirs Landscape Member

i have magnetic mount. If you open it you have to add the scan lock wire into the module then tap it to a car battery while its on. Go to this link to see how to do it.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=41586
    Heres a video of mine. Made it alot faster
    <embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=-8597877320561105874&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

7. F250 Boss v

Thanks! I appreciate your reply!