1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Liberty Lightbar IS $1200 TO MUCH FOR IT

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by samjr, Mar 5, 2009.

1. samjr

samjr Senior Member

I AM THINKING OF GETTING THIS ANY1 THINK $1200 IS GOOD TO PAY FOR THIS OR IS THAT TO HI just got off the phone with the guy and he saying its 58" long $$$$tymusic

Lightbar manufacture date May 2007. Take down lights, alley lights, brake lights, clear outer lenses, wiring harness, aerodynamic profile, aluminum housing.

4607bb5_20.jpg

7266kik_20.jpg

6862376_20.jpg

2. samjr

samjr Senior Member

can any1 help

i am going to to see this in the am and i need to know if the $$$ is good or not?tymusic

3. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

how many total LEDS are there in the bar.. my 55" liberty with 14 led heads fully populated(police model) with alleys and take downs was around 1700
    from looking at that i would say its too expensive to have 4 rear facing leds (2 are the brake/tail/turn lights) and i cant tell if there are any front facing leds.. id say 900-1000 is better for that bar

4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yeh i agree with kyle but he i tihnk hes talking about canadian dollars, idk wat the exchange is though

5. ColliganLands

ok well if its canadian dollars thats differnet since i dont know the rate. but 1200us for that is a bad price you can get a fully loaded economy version from sirennet.com for like 1400

6. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I have a 54" patriote bar it cam with alleys and take downs it has 8 strobes and 4 leds and that new in '05 was $1,700+ so i hope this gives you some idea list price on my bar was $2,400

7. samjr

samjr Senior Member

ya i am in canada

$1000 ussmileyflag wood be like $1200 tymusic its like 70cen to the $

8. ColliganLands

ok so umm how many leds total does the bar have.. i can see its missing 2 in back from the pics.. also is it economy or premium version?

9. samjr

samjr Senior Member

see that i dont know going to look @ it in the am how do i tell if it the economy or premium version and i think thats a pic of the front but might be worng tymusic

10. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

that is a pic of the front there is no rear pic of that bar.

I think the econ modules have 6led's in them. not 100% on the number.

11. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Your plowing snow. you dont need a bar with that much power. use your money for something that is going to make you money. JMO

12. ColliganLands

the economy has 4 leds and the premium has 6... all the corners will have 12 leds in them.
    you said it has takedown lights which is why i assumed it was a pic of the rear since there are no takedowns in that piture.. unless this is a towman version then they would be reaer facing (worklights). so it then has 6 front facing leds the 4 corners and 4 rearfacing leds, s/t/t and rear worklights.. the 1200 might be a good price if thats the case..

as far as it being too much for a plowtruck.. i run the full police model liberty on my truck on difference is its amber and it definately keeps people away from the truck which is a plus

13. samjr

samjr Senior Member

what does s/t/t mean

14. ColliganLands

stop/tail/turn lights aka brake lights
    they come standard on the towman models

15. samjr

samjr Senior Member

ya i think that what it is it was use for twoing botes around its @ a bote shop u can see 1 in 2ed pic in the shop

16. ColliganLands

in that case its not a bad deal since youve got 6 upfront leds (as long as you dont want the takedowns up there, but i think you cna just move them if you do) then youve got 2or4 rearfacing leds, the brake lights and the rear worklights, plus alleys. i know the towman models for more than the normal ones.. also is the whole wiring harness included or is it cut? my bar had 25-30 wires coming out of it...

17. samjr

samjr Senior Member

he told me today the hole wiring harness was included just no box for inside the truck

18. ColliganLands

ok.. id say go look @ it and if its nice in good shape and everything offer him alittle less and see if he goes for it.. afterall it is used. it looks like a nice bar .. i just looked it up on truck N tow and theyre going from 995-2995 us depending on the options.

19. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Like i said mine listed for $2400 new got it for $1700 from MHQ in marlbourgh

20. ColliganLands

well he lives in canada so he wont be going to mhq.. mine also came out of mhq but i got it through blue line enterprises. for 1700 im sure it lists for over 2000