1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Liberty LED Lightbar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Mackman, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

Just ordered the Whelen Liberty LED Lightbar off ebay. It is fully loaded for 1173.00. Think i got a good price since everywhere i found wanted 2,000+ It is a used bar. But barley used. The guy only has 6 more bars left if anyone is thinking of buying one. I should have my bar my the end of the week. Will update once i get it.

This is not the bar i bought but one of them that he has.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Whelen-Libe...=WDVW&rd=1&ih=013&category=53149&cmd=ViewItem

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i think i seen the one your talkin about ... its a good thing whelen has a 5 year warrenty .. ive gotta check those out on ebay

3. Mackman

from S.E. PA

The guy selling them is a retire police officer. Or thats what he told me. This is what he emailed me.

A new 2012 bar identical to this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230841589518?ssPageName=STRK:MEUSX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1588.l2649

will be $1295 - with 6 pad per side mounting feet, including insured shipping and delivery confirmation/tracking
    and
    $1250 with pylon/post mounts, including insured shipping and delivery confirmation/tracking.

Anything else will be somewhat less.

Please note. I am not a Whelen dealer. I am a retired police officer that builds these as an extra source of income. I purchased a group of new and used Liberty lightbars that were sold to satisfy a tax judgement against a wholesaler that was delinquent in there taxes. This is why I can sell at below wholesale. When the last 8 bars have been sold, I will have no more. I just want to be upfront about it. I have many satisfied customers and want you to be one also.

He didnt have the alley lights in stock, and i only needed post mount. So the final price was 1173. We also did the deal out side of ebay. He invoiced me right thur paypal. He took some money off cuz he didnt have to pay ebay fees. I bought the alley light kit for 84.00 shipped. I will add the alleys myself.

4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

well i know my patriot full loaded 55" bar back in '05 was $1,700+ retail listed for $2,400 but that was a mix of strobes and leds

5. groundbreakers

mack -- when you get the bar ... take a small video of it ... im curious of flash patterns .. send me a pm and i will give you my email addy .... i think for 1200 fully loaded is a steal

6. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Thats what i thought too, Thats why i bought it and made this post. The take downs he put in are the good ones with 12leds per takedown. When i get it i will take a video for you. I should have it Monday and my Alley lights will be here tuesday. So it will be later next week.

7. cat10

cat10 Senior Member

that sounds like a good deal to me

8. groundbreakers

sweet .... lookin forward to it ..

9. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Sounds like a good deal but also sounds a bit strange. If they are new why does it state refurbished? Just check the parts out carefully as if they are pieced together they warranty is only as good as the dealer and the date on the parts. I have seen lots of hacked up bars (not saying that is what this is) so be sure to look it over carefully.

10. groundbreakers

some things in life a to good to be true ... but valid point BUYER BEWARE ... but its also ebay so there is a lil protection ... unlike craigslist ...

11. Mackman

from S.E. PA

All his feedback is 100% on ebay. So we will see when i get the light bar.

12. cat10

cat10 Senior Member

trucks going to look bad a$$ u mounting on cab?

13. Mackman

from S.E. PA

on the head board of the flatbed

14. groundbreakers

dont matter either way gonna look good gotta get some pics and video of it installed ...

15. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Here is the video of the bar. just click on it.

[​IMG]

16. plowmaster07

plowmaster07 Senior Member

Looks nice man! Looking forward to seeing it mounted and all! Did it come with a controller?

17. Mackman

from S.E. PA

Nah no controller.

18. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

looks like a great bar . i made my own swtiches up for my whelen bar and mounted them in the dash more custom and out of the way than having a box hanging .I think your going to like this bar when your out plowing .

19. groundbreakers

mack -- thats a smokin hot deal on the bar .... for being refurb .. looks pretty new to me ... i think you can change pattern on that .... and your gonna love the led spot lights i have em on my liberty they certainly beat the halogen ones ... cant wait to see it mounted ... awsome deal

20. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Just installing a 4' Liberty bar on my Dump. Took out the take downs in favor of a traffic adviser. Have some M7's to go on the side of the hood too.
    The White/Violet wire should be the patterns change wire.

Milton-20121018-00040 (3).jpg