1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen Liberty duo

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by HazardAce, Dec 10, 2012.

1. HazardAce

HazardAce Junior Member

Hey guys. I'm wondering if anyone has a Liberty Dou lightbar, how they like it, and what they paid for it. I'm toying with the idea of getting one. I landscape, plow snow, etc., and am a volunteer firefighter/EMT/fire police and I'd like a lightbar that'll cover both for me. Thanks
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

cool concept idea from whelen .. but really is it that practical .... to me 3 Grand for a bar .... with cut backs on fire dept personal here in michigan ... not worth it .... you buy a bar and can only use one color when you paid for 2 colors ..... law enforcement could use the amber in back for traffic advisor mode .. but again 3 grand .... lil pricey ... just my .002
  3. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

In your situation it is probably a good idea, unless you get two magnet mount mini bars and switch them when needed, and that will cost about 400, or get the Duo minibar from SNM
  4. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

5. That looks like a great light. Excellent bang for your buck.
  6. HazardAce

HazardAce Junior Member

Thanks guys. How about the Whelen responder duo? I just saw that on the SNM website yesterday. Is anyone familiar with that? I'm just not sure about the SNM brand. How bright are they? I know Whelen has the brightest led lights i've ever seen, with feneix a close second. I volunteer in a very high traffic area with 3 major highways so brightness and visibility are key factors.
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  7. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

SNM lights are very good, I have a buddy with their lights. Watch their videos, it really does show what you get.
  8. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

Just buy the strobes and more dual mini. I just bought one. It's crazy brighr
  9. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

We have one other dual color bar. If you want info email me what you are looking for.
  10. Do you have purple and amber?
  11. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Do you plow snow and work at a morgue? They are dead whats the rush...
  12. foufas

foufas Junior Member
    from pa

I have this bar in Blue and Amber and it is great for the price. Can't go wrong!