1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Whelen LED Responder Programing issue

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by mklawnman, Dec 12, 2015.

1. I recently bought a Whelen Responder light bar for my truck, it is hard wired in to my 2015 F350. Right now I cant figure out how to get the pattern selected. We believe it is set for a default pattern and thats it right now. We have tried touching the correct wires as the instructions say for one second and we have not been able to change the pattern.
    Anyone who has done this before or has some input let me know.
    I have had one in the past and I was able to get the pattern to change right away per instructions.

2. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Do you have the scan loc wire wired to a momentary switch.?

3. We do not have the scan loc wired to a switch. Currently I have it set up on one switch m, on/off. My last light bar I had was the same one and all we did is find the pattern I liked and held the scan wire for a second I think and then it stayed in that pattern, only had one wire ran to a switch, the rest stayed in the housing by the light. They must have changed something since then but we followed the directions on how to change the patterns with no luck.

4. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

While the light is on and flashing are you applying power to the scan lock input?
    Wire should be grey with purple line on it.
    Sounds like you may have to take off the cover of the light and jump power to the input for pattern change.
    That wire has to be in the factory harness. Should be 6 wires in the harness

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  5. Yah I'll have to try that, yah there are 6 wires in the factory harness.